Welcome to the 2nd interview for our Midnight Oil Anthology release countdown. Today our Q & A is with Karen Vaughan!
- Inquiring minds want to know what makes you tick. Tell us about your life.
DAY TO DAY LIFE INVOLVES PROMOTING INDIE AUTHORS WITH MY PARTNERS VIV DREWA AND DELLANI OAKES FOR OWL & PUSSYCAT PROMOTIONS. I ALSO WRITE OR TRY TO WRITE EACH DAY, AND HANG OUT WITH HUBBY SO HE DOESN’T FEEL NEGLECTED.
- What was your life like before you became a writer, and how did you get your start as an author? BEFORE I WAS A WRITER I WORKED FOR A LOCAL MENTAL HEALTH AGENCY AS A VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELOR. I AM A MOM AND A WIFE WHO LOVES CARD AND BOARD GAMES. I ALSO LOVE TO SOCIALIZE WITH FRIENDS. I WAS HOME ON SICK LEAVE FROM WORK AND GOT BORED. I HAD AN IDEA KICKING AROUND IN MY BRAIN AND DECIDED THEN WAS A GOOD TIME TO WRITE IT AND I NEVER STOPPED WRITING
- Tell us about your writing process. Are you a pantser, a plotter, or something else?
Dedicated plantser— I LINE UP MY CHARACTERS AND A BASIC PLOT. I WRITE LONGHAND FIRST AND THEN DICTATE THE NOVEL USING DRAGON SOFTWARE.
- Do you have a favorite writing project or a book that still haunts your dreams that you would like to share?
THE STORY I AM WORKING ON FOR ANOTHER ANTHOLOGY UNDER THE SEA. MY STORY IS ABOUT A MERMAID SHIFTER WHO AFTER AN ACCIDENT LOSES HER MEMORY AND FORGETS WHAT AND WHO SHE IS. IT IS A FANTASY AND IT’S MY FIRST ONE EVER. I AM PRETTY STOKED ABOUT IT.
- Tell us a little about your story in the Midnight Oil Anthology.
MY STORY IS ABOUT ALICE WHO HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO THE MOON. DISENCHANTED WITH HER MARRIAGE, SHE TAKES OFF ON WHAT SHE THINKS IS A CROSS COUNTRY TRIP BUT IS REALLY A TRIP TO OUTER SPACE WITH SOME VERY DECEPTIVE ALIENS.
- Do you have works in progress?
THE MERMAID WITH THE SEAHORSE TATTOO, DEAD AIR (LAURA & GERRY SERIES #8) A BOTTLE OF RED (ROMANCE)
- What are your plans for your next book?
I WANT TO TAKE MY LAURA AND GERRY SERIES INTERNATIONAL AFTER THEY WIN THE MEGALOTTO THEY WILL TRAVEL THE WORLD AND FIND MURDER AND MAYHEM EVERYWHERE THEY GO.
- Do you have an especially interesting research experience to share?
I TRY NOT TO RESEARCH AS I AM BASICALLY LAZY BUT I HAVE RESEARCHED COMEDY CLUBS FOR ONE OF MY BOOKS AND WATCHED LOTS OF ROUTINES.
- How to you stay in touch with your muse?
BLOGGING AND WRITING ANYTHING I CAN
- What do you think has contributed the most to your writing style?
MY WARPED SENSE OF HUMOR.
- How can readers follow you online?
google + https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KarenVaughanwriteratlarge