U is for …UTOPiACON!!!
This June I will be joining many fellow authors, bloggers, and readers at a special conference in Nashville, TN called UTOPiACON. I’ve never attended a writer’s conference before and I am excited for the new experience. I have been to several book signings at libraries but I feel this will be a completely different experience. I will be signing books and meeting avid readers both Thursday and Friday during the CON. Here is more information on the event for anyone interested in coming out to join the fun. (This info is from the UTOPiACON.com website.
UTOPiA is not a place. It is a mindset. It is the trail you blaze, the risks you take, the friends you make, the stories you share, the victories you celebrate, the love you give, the dreams you lead.
There will be over 125 authors there signing as well as several workshops and speakers.
Publishers Weekly dubbed Utopia Con “the conference with heart”
, and as we continue to grow, we try and maintain that sense of encouragement and unity among the audience.
WHO IS UTOPIACON FOR?
- Established writers of the contemporary and supernatural genres** from middle grade to adult literature categories looking to get an edge on the market with the latest in publishing developments and marketing strategies, as well as a unique opportunity to engage with the readers who love them and support their work.
- Aspiring writers of the genres** who want to write and successfully launch their very first book that’s been making their hearts soar and hands tremble with excitement and nervousness. Utopia Con will introduce them to the publishing paths available to them, the multitude of vendors out there ready to serve them and give them the support network they need to get through the struggles and celebrate the milestones with them.
- Book bloggers and booktubers with a strong focus on contemporary and supernatural genres**. This includes the successful bloggers who are helping shape the new publishing and lit landscape, as well as those who are considering becoming book bloggers. We get to the root of book tours, how to professionally blog and how to support the community.
- Fans and avid readers of the massively popular stories included in these categories and genres** who want to meet and hang out with their favorite authors on a level playing field rather than get herded through a mass signing.
- Film, internet and television writers of the categories and genres**. This is their chance to see the books of today that will be on the big and little screens tomorrow.
- Industry experts, including, but not limited to producers, photographers, editors, publishers, models, publicists, designers and more who benefit from working with the aforementioned writers.
** “Supernatural” is the term used for our purposes, but please note that our definition extends to fantasy, dystopian, sci-fi, gothic, steampunk, paranormal romance & more.
UTOPiA Con is going to be held at:
Hotel Phone: (615) 259-4343
JUNE 22 – JUNE 26, 2016