“A” is for…
I am a YA author who has published 2 books with Limitless Publishing. I self-published 4 books before an indie publisher (not Limitless) pursued me and my work. While I didn’t sign with that publisher, it got me thinking about trying my books at an indie publisher.
The pro’s of going with an indie publisher:
– meet lots of great authors
– support/advice from authors and editors
– facebook following grew from 200 followers (after 2 yrs) to 1300 followers (in 7 months)
– have an awesome street team
– have a PA who helps promote and looks for marketing opportunities
– kick butt covers (they pay for it)
– amazing editors (they pay for it)
The con’s of going with an indie publisher:
– the profits are shared with the publisher
Overall, it’s been a wonderful move for me career-wise and highly recommend self-pubbed authors to consider indie publishing. Now, if only I had a chance to compare self-publishing and indie publishing to publishing with one of the big 6 publishers!!!! HINT HINT!